- Full Name: Laura Pausini
- Date of Birth: 05/16/1974
- Place of birth: Faenza
- Zodiac sign: Bull
- Height: 1.69m
- Job: singer
- Start date : 1993
Stars and VIPs
- Social: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Laura Pausini, famous, successful singer-songwriter who has established herself in Italy and abroad, approaches music from an early age when, as a young girl, she performs in various singing competitions and accompanies her father Fabrizio, piano-bar singer, during his musical evenings. Romagnola, in 1991 took part in the Castrocaro Festival where he is noticed by producer Marco Marati, as writing.
In the 1993 performs at the Sanremo Festival on the Ariston stage with the single Solitude. When he started out, Pausini won the competition in the category Advertisement, securing the affection of the public and the interest of the music industry. Then he released his first album, Laura Pausini. The following year he returned to the Sanremo Festival singing strange loves and, although he only qualified third, with his performances he is confirmed as rising star Italian music.
The next fifteen years are a period of intense activity for the singer. He actually publishes eight albumsincluding a Greatest Hits of 2001 (The Best of Laura Pausini – And Back to You), releasing hit singles like: Indelible, Listen to your heart, My biggest mistake, Between you and the sea And Like it was never love. In 1997, he then left for a world TourThe first of a long series.
In fact, Pausini’s strength is to turn to a international audience. An expert in the Spanish language, she accompanies most of her albums in Italian with a version in this second language, opening up to the markets of Latin America and Spain, which welcome her with open arms. The same goes for the Anglo-Saxon world to which we are addressing since 1995, they publish an English version of Solitude. The ensuing success is incredible and the singer continues to rise rapidly. Only 34 years oldachieved worldwide fame and earned ben 160 platinum records.
The singer releases new songs, first with the album Unpublished from 2011, then with Similar of 2015 and finally with Get in touch of 2018. These contain, among others, the singles: Welcome, I never stopped, Similar, Right side of the heart And half sentences. Pausini then returns to publish in 2022when he releases the song Box.
The talent of the Romagna singer led her to collaborate with artists from all over the world: of Raf with whom he is in duet on his first album, a Phil Collins who writes the song for her In search of an angel. Then Luciano Pavarotti who calls him for the project Pavarotti and his friendsBiagio Antonacci writes for her instead Between you and the sea (title track from his fifth album), Long live myself (from Stay tuned) And In this new home of ours (their 2019 duet). Over the years, he has also collaborated with artists of the caliber of Vasco Rossi, Michael Bublé, Madonna, Luis Fonsi, Tiziano Ferro, Kylie Minogue, Jovanotti, James Blunt and many more.
Laura Pausini also makes herself available to music as a teacher. Indeed, in 2014, he made his debut in musical talent shows participate as a coach The Voice Mexico, where he returned in 2017, winning the edition. In 2015 and 2020 he then participated as an international judge in The Voice Spain. Between 2015 and 2016, he was the trainer of the Simon Cowell show The groupwhere he shares the screen with Ricky Martin and Alejandro Sanz.
In 2022, almost thirty years after her debut on the Ariston stage, the singer talks about herself in a documentary, Laura Pausini: Nice to meet you. Shortly after, in May, she is co-host with Mika and Alessandro Cattelan of theEurovision Song Contesta role conquered thanks to its success and its charisma which today make it the most popular Italian cantata in the world.
From 1993 to 2001, Laura Pausini had a romantic relationship with her producer and agent, Alfredo Cerruti Jr.with whom he went to live in 1995, settling in Milan.
After the breakup with Cerruti he is dating Gabriele Parisiher new agent, but the couple separated two years later, in 2004.
Since 2005, Pausini formalized his relationship with Paolo Carta, his guitarist and artistic producer. The couple who never married in 2013 welcomed the birth of their first child: Paula.
- 1993 – Laura Pausini (album)
- 1994 – Laura (album)
- 1996 – The things you live (album)
- 1998 – My answer (album)
- 2000 – Between you and the sea (album)
- 2001 – The Best of Laura Pausini – And Back to You (album)
- 2002 – Inside (album)
- 2004 – Stay tuned (album)
- 2008 – early spring (album)
- 2011 – Unpublished (album)
- 2013 – 20 – Greatest Hits (album)
- 2015 – Similar (album)
- 2015 – The group (TV show)
- 2016 – Laura and Paola (TV show)
- 2018 – Get in touch (album)
- 2017 – The Voice Mexico (TV show)
- 2018 – X Factor Spain (TV show)
- 2020 – The Voice Mexico (TV show)
- 2022 – Laura Pausini: Nice to meet you (film by Ivan Cotroneo and Monica Rametta)
- 2022 – Eurovision Song Contest (TV show)
Awards and recognitions
- 1993 – Silver Telegatto as best revelation
- 1993 – Telegatto d’oro as best singer
- 1997 – International Award as Ambassador of Italian Song in the World
- 2001 – Lunezia Award for best author of the year for I travel with you
- 2005 – Latin Grammy Awards for Best Latin Pop Album for Stay tuned (Spanish version)
- 2006 – Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- 2007 – Platinum Telegatto as Best Singer
- 2007 – Platinum Telegatto for Excellence
- 2007 – Latin Grammy Awards for Best Female Pop Vocal Album for I sing
- 2007 – Lunezia Prize in the world
- 2008 – Telegatto d’oro as singer of the year
- 2008 – Telegatto d’oro as best record for I sing
- 2008 – Telegatto d’oro as best tour
- 2009 – Latin Grammy as Best Female Pop Vocal Album for early spring (Spanish version)
- 2015 – Philanthropy Award
- 2016 – Global Gift Award
- 2021 – Satellite Award for Best Original Song for I Yes / Seen
- 2021 – Golden Globe for Best Original Song for I Yes / Seen
- 2021 – Nastro d’Argento as best original song for I Yes / Seen
Is there an official Laura Pausini website?
The singer has her own official website, founded in 1996. Here is collected the biography of Laura Pausini, the detailed list of awards and distinctions won by the singer, as well as the dates of the completed and current tours. Finally, there is the link to the site where the store and the official fan club are united.
Has Laura Pausini participated in charitable projects?
Laura Pausini has always been very active in the charitable field. He has participated in promotional campaigns for Amnesty International Control Arms, Unicef, Chime for Change, Save the Children and Greenpeace, to name a few. He also designed the concert Friends of Abruzzo, which in 2009 brought together the women of Italian music to raise funds for the victims of the earthquake. For his philanthropic activity, he received two awards: the Philantrophy Award in 2015 and the Global Gift Award the following year.
Who wrote “La solitudine” by Laura Pausini?
The song Solitude which Laura Pausini sang at the 1993 Sanremo Festival was co-written by Pietro Cremonesi and Federico Cavalli, while the music was composed by Angelo Valsiglio in collaboration with Cremonesi. A year after the Sanremo victory, the song was also translated into Spanish and released under the title The sun. The English version (Solitude) dates back to 1995 and was adapted by British lyricist Tim Rice.
Did Laura Pausini win the Oscar for Best Original Song?
Laura Pausini has never won an Oscar, but in 2021 she received a Satellite Award, a Golden Globe and a Nastro d’Argento for I Yes / Seenbest original song composed for the film The life ahead of himwhich marked Sophia Loren’s return to the stage.